Its a great idea to schedule an eye exam for your child as early as preschool. Eye Exams determine whether or not your child has vision problems and needs corrective lenses. Early identification of these issues can be crucial to your child’s development and success education.
Here are a few early indicators that your child should see an optometrist:
- A history of prematurity
- Delayed motor development
- Frequent eye rubbing
- Excessive blinking
- Failure to maintain eye contact
- Inability to maintain a gaze (fixation) while looking at objects
- Poor eye tracking skills
- Short attention span
- Losing their place while reading
- Avoid close activities like reading
- Turning their heads while trying focus
What to Expect from Your Child’s Exam?
Our board certified optometrists will provide your child with a comprehensive eye screening. Unlike a standard vision screening this will also help determine if chronic visual problems exist.
- Tests Pupil Response – This evaluates whether or not he pupil closes with the presence and absence of light
- Fixate and Follow – This test determines whether or not your child is able to fixate and follow an object like a light
- Eye Chart – Involves covering one eye at a time to determine if your child can see the each line of characters clearly from a standard distance
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule an appointment for you child please contact one of our local clinics in your area. We do our best to fit you in quickly, but time slot do fill up quickly.